Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Interview with a Cavelady

INT - CROSSFIT GYM - DAY:

SANS stands with her hair tied neatly in a bun, wearing a grey sweatshirt that reads, "Lake George Triathlon Festival". She's perched behind a large video tripod, holding several sheets of paper in her hands. She occasionally adjusts the camera lens. The AMBIENT SOUNDS of weights being lifted and dropped can be heard. A small fit, SHEILA, early 20's, brunette, tee shirt representing "Crossfit Dewitt", stands in front of her. Next to Sheila crouches, JULIA, 19, her attention is concentrated on a microphone she holds in her hands and the sounds in her ears, being heard through a large set of headphones. 

I am working on my final project for the semester, a short documentary film based on the Paleolithic Lifestyle.


Screenshot of Sheila, the Paleo and Crossfit Super Star.

I just transcribed our 12 minute interview/conversation and am in the midst of baking a pumkpin pie....... I mean, storyboarding what's left to be shot, and what B-Roll I can shoot while I'm home.

I need to interview myself as well as record a skype interview with a fellow Paleo Super Star. 

It's really amazing though, the mentality behind the "Paleo Person". That personality, it's this immediate likeness between people. Sheila and I hit it off almost immediately, we both gushed over recipes we had tried and what various blogs we follow and what books we've read and how people react to our eating habits in social scenarios. It's a cool thing, seeing as I don't often run into other Paleo types. I'm mostly surrounded by vegetarians, even my own parents are vegetarian for the most part.

   "Throughout the Paleo experience, the Paleo lifestyle, I’ve found how dedicated and how strong willed I can be…because there are temptations everywhere, when you walk into a grocery store and they’re having the free samples…and it’s been a long day and you’re really hungry and you want to grab it and you just walk by. I’ve learned that, no matter what, challenges I face, I can overcome them and that little things like diet, and lifestyle, can absolutely be changed."

This is just one of the many gems Sheila spewed out throughout the interview. I certainly agree with her, once you start applying consistency and the ability not to give in to temptation with food...nothing seems unconquerable. I didn't eat that cake today, or that pizza yesterday. I could probably do an Olympic Triathlon this weekend. Yeah, that's my thought process. Not really, but on a larger scale, kind of...yeah. That's virtually how it happened. 

CUT TO: BLACK


No comments:

Post a Comment